ARTIST INTERVIEWS / ARTISTIC CONVERSATIONS / CREATIVE PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
.

Quetzalcoatl



Named after the great plumed serpent god of the ancient Maya. Quetzacoatl possibly symbolizes the expansion and evolution of our DNA, or the rising kundalini. Also thought to symbolize the planet Venus, the morning star.
In this work the woman represents our own awakening of the divine feminine energies that charge the kundalini. She has a slight look of fear as she peers into the eyes of the serpent. I think many people are feeling fear right now as many of their old patterns and victim-selves are leaving them. The kundalini is rising, and yet we want to hold on to the old patterns because we think they are who we are. We must look into the eyes of the serpent and really know who we truly are right now.

~ Words and acrylic painting by MoonSpiral

2 comments:

  1. I thought this image was so awesome. I was looking for a picture of Quetzalcoatl to tattoo on my shoulder and I came across this. I changed my mind and got this tattooed on my shoulder. Who is the artist? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist is MoonSpiral, there is a link to her art site on the post. Just click on her name. And it's so cool to hear you chose her artwork to tattoo on your shoulder! The artist will be thrilled to know :)

      Delete

Follow By Email

Follow

Call for Art Submissions